Pages

Thursday 20 May 2010

Hand made necklaces


Here are the necklaces I have made.
The Batman one I made from Polymer clay, to go with my Catwoman outfit for Chloe's Hen party on Saturday night.
Method
Background .Roll out a thin layer of Polymer clay cutting into an oval shape. Add two small holes at top edge to thread the cord through.
I printed off the Batman logo from the Internet and used it as a template. Once again roll out a tin layer of Clay and cut around the shape with a craft knife.
Bake in the oven for 10 Min's on 130 (electric oven)
Once backed the pieces will be nice and firm. Allow to cool.
Paint the background with black acrylic paint.
Paint the bat also with the black.
Now for the silver..Umm what doI have that will do that job?
While still damp I used some silver food dusting powder. Strange I know but it works a treat! It will also add shimmer.
Applying while the black paint is still damp holds the shimmer.
Allow to dry and attach the bat to the oval.
Thread cord or ribbon.
Job Done !!
The other is a bead necklace I have made to match in with the hat and handbag which also have the same beads on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment