Pages

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Wedding Bells




Not long to go now, until Chloe , Mark and Lily's special day.

How exciting! They are to be married in the village church.Lily will also be christened in the service. It will be a day to remember.


I have written so many lists of things still to do.

I have made Chloe's Tiara, the Flower girls dresses..well, they are almost done, the Dolly bags,

the cake's. Chloe has asked for an ivory three tier cake with ivory roses.

I had my own cake business so it shouldn't be to stressful. The fruit tier is done, I covered it with Marzipan and fondant yesterday.The other two tiers are going to be a chocolate sponge with a chocolate Ganache.

Lily is having a cake too. The topper can be seen above. The bunny will sit on a 6" round sponge cake, with pink fondant.

The dress

Chloe tried on about 8 dresses in total, she fell in love with one but it was so, so expensive.

I came home from our shopping trip and looked on the Internet.

I stumbled upon a place in Leicestershire. http://weddingdress-factoryoutlet.co.uk/

It took us two hours to get there but it was worth it!!

They had a huge selection and all for under £400.00!

Chloe's dress is amazing, she looks stunning in it.

Mother of the Bride

Those words "mother of the bride" shouts pale blue suit and hat to match, don't you think? Don't get me wrong, they suit some people but I am not a pale blue suit kinda girl :)

I hunted high and low for a suitable dress..Nothing, not what I had in mind anyway.

In the end I went and had a look to see what was on EBay. There it was..A silver grey fitted silk dress from Monsoon !! I paid £20.00 including postage. It fits like it was made for me.

I am thrilled with it. I made a fascinator in a Crocus pink but then changed my mind on the colours to go with the grey. Mum had a lovely black hat that she wore for my sisters wedding a few years ago. She let me have it. I took it apart and added a silver grey sinamay band, some feathers and beads left over from making my necklace.
My shoes I managed to get in the sale, reduced from £45.00 to £19.99 another bargain !!
Just my clutch bag to get now and I am done.












No comments:

Post a Comment